The swiss army chainsaw of terminal emulators
Extraterm is more than just a terminal emulator. It provides a toolbox for working with your terminal and command line applications.
- Supports Linux and macOS, on Windows WSL, CMD, PowerShell and Cygwin
- xterm compatible
- Multiple tabs and panes, split and tiled any way you like
- Show images in the terminal
- Unicode support
- Color emoji
- Keyboard friendly “Command Palette”
- 24 bit color
- Configurable key bindings
- Keyboard based selections
- Shell integration; can isolate and ‘frame’ command output. (bash, zsh and fish supported)
- Easy uploads and downloads using the shell integration
- Command output is editable in place. Multi-cursor editing
- Previous command output can be used as input for new commands
- Supports iTerm2 and TextMate themes
- Text zoom
- Open source MIT license
- …much more to come
Don’t forget to Star us on GitHub.
@ExtratermDev or via RSS feed or even Watch Releases on GitHub to receive news updates as they happen.
Development and Contributing
Extraterm is an Open Source project developed in the open at GitHub https://github.com/sedwards2009/extraterm. The primary developer is Simon Edwards. Bugs, issues and wishes can be submitted via the GitHub issues. The Development Roadmap is tracked in this issue on GitHub.
Extraterm logos were designed and provided by Gabriel Harel.