The swiss army chainsaw of terminal emulators
Extraterm is more than just a terminal emulator. It provides a toolbox for working with your terminal and command line applications.
- Supports Linux, macOS and Cygwin on Windows
- xterm compatible
- Multiple tabs and panes, split and tiled any way you like
- Keyboard based selection
- Show images in the terminal
- Shell integration; can isolate and ‘frame’ command output. (bash, zsh and fish supported)
- Previous command output can be used as input for new commands
- Command output is editable in place. Multi-cursor editing
- Keyboard friendly “command palette” for searching menus
- Text zoom
- Unicode support
- Color emoji
- Open source MIT license
- …much more to come
Don’t forget to Star us on GitHub.
@ExtratermDev or via RSS feed to receive news updates as they happen.
Development and Contributing
Extraterm is an Open Source project developed in the open at GitHub https://github.com/sedwards2009/extraterm. The primary developer is Simon Edwards. Bugs, issues and wishes can be submitted via the GitHub issues. The Development Roadmap is tracked in this issue on GitHub.
Extraterm logos were designed and provided by Gabriel Harel.